Backup and Restore Files in Windows 10
If you used Backup and Restore in Windows 10 old version to back up files or create system image backups is still available in Windows 10. Simply with right-click the Start button, and then select Control Panel > Backup and Restore (Windows 7).
But now, i want show you Backup and Restore Files in Windows 10 with other methods, and maybe you need to know it. So let’s check all in below.
Select the Start button, select Settings > Update & security > Backup > Add a drive, and then choose an external drive or network location for your backups. All back up in your user folder (C:\Users\username). But to change which files get backed up or how often backups happen, go to More options.
If you’re missing an important file or folder, here’s how to get it back:
- Type Restore files in the search box on the taskbar, and then select Restore your files with File History.
- Look for the file you need, then use the arrows to see all its versions.
- When you find the version you want, select Restore to save it in its original location. To save it in a different place, press and hold (or right-click) Restore, select Restore to, and then choose a new location.
Other Methods Backup and Restore Files in Windows 10
Follow the below steps to create the system restore point.
- Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open Windows Explorer.
- On the left navigation pane, right click on This PC and select Properties.
- Select the System protection on the left navigation pane on the System properties page.
- Select the OS (Operating System on which Windows 10 is installed) and click on Configure.
- Turn on System protection and click on OK button.
- Now on the System properties page, click on Create to create the new restore point.
- Enter the name of the restore point and Close the Window.
- Now, press the Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open the Run Window.
- Type the rstrui in the text box and click on Next on the displayed System Restore page.
- Select the restore point and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the system restore.
If you want to create the System image on Windows 10, follow the below steps.
- Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard and select Control panel.
- Type Backup and Restore in the search bar and select backup and restore.
- On the left navigation pane click on Create a system image/ Create system repair disc.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.